1441 Broadway at 41st Street, New York, NY
$150 Nonprofit Nonmembers
Use Code: DMFANP
$175 Partner Nonmembers
Get educated on the essential elements of Direct Marketing. Join us for this lively session that will go in depth on the fundamentals needed to create a profitable program.
8:30 – 9:00 AM – Registration
9:00 – 10:00 AM – Creative, Sue Sena, Senior Account Director, Avalon Consulting
After segmentation strategy, copy and design are the two most critical elements of any campaign. This section will cover the most critical components of creative strategy:
- How to get attention
- Crafting a strong fundraising offer
- The key elements of fundraising success
- Integrating your online and offline message
10:00 -10:50 AM – Acquisition List Strategy, Tom Fleming, Senior Vice President, Adstra
This session will provide unique insights and information surrounding both the organizations donor file, and the mailing list’s that make up new donor acquisition efforts. The discussion will include topics such as:
- The Donor File – Most Important Asset for an Organization
- Types of Lists – Markets and Targeting
- Sources of Information & Types of List Transactions
- Structure of Acquisition Plan & Strategy
- Education & Fundraising
- Attrition & Acquisition of Donors
10:50 – 11:00 AM – Break
11:00 – 11:50 AM – Data Hygiene/Data Processing, John Bell, VP Sales, MMI Direct
The understanding and proper use of, both data hygiene and data processing technologies can dramatically affect the success of any direct marketing campaign. This section will provide attendees with:
- A complete understanding of the many data hygiene options that are currently available. How to use them, what to look for, what kind of results to expect, and the USPS requirements surrounding the use of data hygiene products.
- The knowledge of the many steps involved in the Merge/Purge process, and how to best use the technology to your advantage. From file conversion to matching logic to file output, what you should be asking, expecting, and looking for.
11:50 AM – 12:40 PM – Production Services, Leigh Ann Doyle, Account Director, PMG
You don’t have to be a printing or mailshop expert to deliver a successful direct mail campaign on schedule and on budget.
- Working knowledge of the production process and the elements of production
- A template to help you build an effective production schedule
- Tips to help you reduce postage expenses
12:40 PM – 1:30 PM - Break / Lunch
1:30 – 2:20 PM – Database/Analytics, Jason Robbins, VP Creative, ROI Solutions; AJ Minogue, Dir. of Data Analytics and Reporting, UJA – Federation of NY
Below are the five things attendees will come away learning:
- What you should expect from a Database
- How to get the most out of your system
- The importance and value of a system that is easy to use
- Understanding what data needs to be collected
- The difference between Process Data versus Analyzing Data
2:20 – 2:30 PM – Break
2:30 – 3:20 PM – Multi-Channel Marketing, Mary Meredith, Senior VP Dir. of Digital Innovation, Avalon Consulting
Integrating the online channel into your fundraising and communications mix is critical. But it’s also critical to apply the same direct marketing disciplines to your online program that you do in your other channels. This section will cover the basics of an online program. Below are the six things attendees will come away learning:
- The components that are the foundation of any online program
- How to integrate online with other direct marketing channels
- How to build an email list that will stay engaged
- The anatomy of an email campaign (with examples and testing options) •Some ways to capture data to aid in list segmentation and ask strategies
- How to seize online-only opportunities to engage your audience
3:20 – 4:30 PM – Telefundraising and Text Marketing, Caroline Mendez, Vice President of Client Services, SD&A Teleservices Chrissy Hyre, Principal and Senior Vice President, CCAH
The telephone is a vital avenue for fundraising. But, when and how should a nonprofit use it? Will calling donors leave a wake of negative reactions, or can it possibly cultivate a deeper commitment to the organization’s mission? This session pulls the curtain back to reveal the inner workings of telefundraising. In this session, you’ll discover:
- How to make the most positive impact with a telephone campaign
- What telefundraising firms don’t want you to know
- How to integrate telefundraising to produce the greatest synergy with your other fundraising channels
- The power of Text Messaging in today’s multi-channel mix.
- How to plan and execute a successful Text program
If you need additional accommodations, please contact Risa Sudnow at [email protected] or 646-675-7314.
Completion of this event is applicable for 7 POINTS for the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.